Statement Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) 

May 21st, 2020

Dear Parent, 

 

We hope you are well. We regret to inform you that due to the current pandemic, we will not be able to operate the trips in a sufficiently safe manner for this year and therefore need to cancel all programs. Here in the US, the CDC continues to recommend avoiding non-essential travel as it poses higher risks for contracting and/or spreading Covid-19. In Poland and Israel, they have banned most foreigners from entering their countries and it remains unclear when those restrictions will be lifted.   
 

While this is not the outcome we were hoping for, we are sure you understand the necessity of our decision. The safety and well being of our summer trip participants are always our top priorities. Your registration for the 2020 summer trip will automatically be transferred to summer 2021 and remain active. The dates for summer 2021 will be published in August. Your participant portal account will remain active.

We encourage you to check out the CTeen Facebook or Instagram page. There are virtual CTeen programs your teen can join.   

 

We are deeply saddened that we cannot provide your teens with the summer experience they were looking forward to. Please G-d, we hope to be able to do so next summer. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out. 

 

Best wishes for a healthy and safe summer,  

 

Rabbi Nachman Rivkin

Director, CTeen Summer Programs

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

March 23rd, 2020

 

Dear Parent, 

We acknowledge concerns with regard to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. We hope you and your family stay safe and healthy in these difficult times. 

We would like to take this opportunity to reassure you that the safety and well being of our summer trip participants are always our top priorities. As such, we will continue to monitor the situation as it evolves and make sure to follow any guidance or recommendations provided by the relevant government agencies and health departments. 

As of the date of this letter, there are numerous restrictions and advisories to avoid travel. There are also recommendations to implement social distancing. However, such restrictions are only in place for the next several weeks. It is not clear if they will remain in place after that. We do acknowledge that we may need to cancel our 2020 summer trips should the above restrictions extend into the summer. However, as our participants cherish their experiences each summer, we wouldn't want to make any decision now with regard to trips that are scheduled for July. 

At this point in time, we are proceeding with the approach that all 2020 CTeen summer trips will G-d willing be able to take place as scheduled. A final decision will be made no later than 30 days before departure.   

For families who would be interested in joining but are hesitating due to uncertainty with regard to the Coronavirus situation's outcome, we've implemented a risk-free registration system that will allow you to register with a $1 deposit and also provide the ability to cancel without penalty up until 30 days before departure. 

For families who are registered, you can continue to access your account by logging in to the participant portal. We ask that you please refrain from completing the health form until June. In the event that it becomes necessary to cancel the trips, families will have the option of either receiving a refund or keeping their registration for summer 2021. The latter option will have the perk of maintaining the 2020 price and rate for summer 2021 regardless of any possible increases for new registrants.   

If you have any specific questions or wish to discuss your teen's participation please don't hesitate to reach out.

Please G-d, may we be able to report only good news very soon! 

Sincerely yours,

Rabbi Nachman Rivkin

Director, CTeen Summer Programs